jeudi 5 mai 2016

Tony And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

What do French people call a horrible Thursday? A trajeudi.

Meme of a cat looking sad that says "le sigh."

Ok, seriously. Yesterday was horrid. Absolutely horrid. I did my best to stay positive and even went to therapy, but it was a rough day from start to finish.

Today? Did not start well either. Today started bright and early - several hours before I'd intended to wake up - when my ferocious mini hunter cat Mayim triumphantly plopped eviscerated mouse remains on my bare chest. That's what I get for sleeping without a shirt. Ew!

Cartoon of a woman in bed. She says "It's going to be a beautiful day."
Then she turns to the side and sees the dead mouse her cat has brought her. 

I've read that in the wild, mother cats teach their young how to eat their food by bringing them dead prey. This makes perfect sense to me since my cats clearly think I am some sort of weird and ginormous dumb kitten. So Mayim brought me a dead mouse in a hopeless effort to pass on her hunting wisdom. This would also explain why Esh is constantly trying to groom my arm and chest hair. She thinks of me as a dumb kitten who needs help grooming himself.

Cat meme that says "Knows your hunting skills aren't up to par.
Brings you a dead mouse to make you feel better."

Anyway, today continued to suck because of health insurance woes. The basic story there is that there's something I really need and my insurance is being a pill about covering it. I have NO way to afford it on my own because it's completely cost prohibitive. So my quality of life is suffering and it feels like my hands are tied to do anything about it. I'm also incredibly tired and I haven't studied even though that was my entire goal for the day besides going to work. I have exactly no motivation right now because I'm feeling depressed about the health stuff. Other things I failed to do: shave, get my hair to stop standing on end, exercise, eat even one single vegetable, and the list goes on…

Le sigh.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire