mardi 17 mai 2016

Happy Birthday Plum!

Today is my housemate Plum's birthday. Happy Birthday Plum!

Plum wearing a plum colored dress at the Fenway Women's Event. 
Today I put my library card to good use. I got a library pass and spent the day checking out the Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester MA. The museum is dedicated entirely to photography which is really neat as far as I'm concerned. The museum opened at noon, but I went to Winchester early so that I could hike around the Middlesex Fells Reservation and eat a picnic lunch beforehand. In my aimless hiking I discovered that there is a pond in the reservation called Spot Pond with three tiny islands in it and - even better - Spot Pond Boating does boat rentals. So next time I go I'm renting a kayak and paddling about.

Picture from the internet of Spot Pond that I found online.

Anyway, I had my picnic and spent the afternoon hanging out at the photography museum. The first exhibit I looked at was The Human Landscape by Karin Rosenthal, who has dedicated her career to photographing human nudes in landscape. My favorite photograph from that exhibit was "Contemplation."

"Contemplation" by Karin Rosenthal.

The other exhibit was the 37 Photographers / One Model exhibit, in which the same male model (a 50-something year old white male dancer named Jim) was used in all of the photographs. My favorites from that exhibit were  "Jawbone Pond" by Jim Baab, and "Transposition #1," "Transposition #2," and "Transposition #3" by David Weinberg.

"Jawbone Pond" by Jim Baab.

While I was at the Griffin Museum of Photography I noticed a flier for the Boston Camera Club. They hold meetings on Tuesdays at All Saint's Parish Church in Brookline. It does involve paying dues but it looks really neat! Maybe I'll check it out next week.

Me in front of the Griffin Museum of Photography.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire