jeudi 12 mai 2016

I Want Lace!

Before I write my actual post I'm just going to post a photo of the gorgeous alley near my work and also a vanity shot of me so you can see my new haircut! Spring is here!

Alley with trees with tiny pink flowers lining it.

Me with new haircut in a blue floral button up, blue checkered vest, and blue flower necklace.

Anyway.

Today I took my last final exam of the semester. Tomorrow I have my last work shift with Texas (until September). All of these endings mean I will suddenly have a lot of time on my hands. And I plan to use some of it for sewing. Yay!

Ok. You know what men don't wear enough of? Lace. In fact, aside from a runway travesty featuring murderous-looking angry models in head-to-toe lace, I haven't really seen lace on men. This despite the constant predictions that lace on men will be A THING soon.

This? No bueno. 

So basically, I've been wanting some clothing with lace for a while now and haven't been able to find anything to buy anywhere. I'm thinking more along the lines of lace accents. Like a top with lacy sleeves or a lacy overlay to put on top of another shirt. Like this stuff:

Korean singer-songwriter Taeyang looking hot in
a black lace top, black pants, and black leather jacket. 
A model in a white dress shirt with a black lace jacket
and matching lace bow tie.
Model in pinstripe pants and a black dress shirt with a
see-through lace shoulder area.
Man in white pants and black lace dress shirt.
Man in black pants and black lace sweater.

Since I've had zero luck finding anything I guess I'll be making it. I'm minority terrified since I've never sewn lace before, but I've got a dress shirt pattern and what I lack in sewing skills I plan to make up for in determination. Wish me luck!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire