vendredi 13 mai 2016

Fierce Friday

Today was my last day hanging out with Texas until the fall. By which time I will have gotten the hang of all of his sports video games so I can kick his ass. Muahaha!

Texas and my yellow-socked feet playing video games. 

Today is also Fierce Friday!

I've taken inspiration from the national animal of Scotland - that noble fantasy creature that decorated my childhood bedroom - the unicorn.

A shot from the 1985 film "Legend" featuring Mia Sara and a unicorn. 

Unicorns are noble, majestic, pure, graceful, and magical. Some people think they fart rainbows. Other people think they're gay. There's also a fascinating myth that when he was about to invade India, Genghis Kahn was met by a unicorn which knelt in front of him. He took this as a sign from the heavens that he should not attack and he turned back.

A woman in a unicorn head mask curling her hair.

For my unicorn outfit, I went with two layers. For the outer layer I have a pink button down, chunky pink flower necklace, silver flower bracelet from Joy, fake diamond earrings, my trusty jeans, pink shoes, and yellow nail polish. For the inner layer I have what I like to call my super unicorn shirt.

Me smiling at the camera.

Full body shot of me. 

Me making a face and holding out my hand so you can see my nail polish.

Me rolling my tongue and unbuttoning my outer shirt
so you can see the unicorn shirt beneath it.

Closeup of my unicorn shirt.

While I'm talking about unicorns I should add in case you haven't read it that the book "The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle is an amazing read. It's also the first written reference to a female unicorn - before that they were always referred to as males. Beagle's book has been turned into a movie that I absolutely loved as a child.

A still from the movie adaptation of Peter S. Beagle's "The Last Unicorn."

Alright. That's all from me. Go forth and feel happy about unicorns! Perhaps you can create your own unicorn-inspired outfit?

Graffiti of a male unicorn peeing on a wall and the pee forms the words "fuck yeah" in rainbows.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire