vendredi 20 mai 2016

Fierce Friday: The Big Hair Reveal!

Ok. It's the moment you've all been waiting for. My big hair reveal! And the color is….

Me with turquoise hair.

Back of my head.

TURQUOISE!!! Woo!

All I have to say is thank God I'm blonde because this involved way too much effort on my part. Particularly my armpits which meant hanging out with my arms up for way longer than anyone should have to hang around with their arms up. Here's a process picture in which I look disturbed because it looks like I've killed a smurf by squishing its head in my armpit.

Me making a disturbed face while holding Manic Panic hair dye. My hair and armpits are being dyed.  
And here are Plum and I - she was dying her hair blue.

Plum and I dying our hair.

The finished hair colors of me and Plum. 

Anyway, since it's Fierce Friday I figured I'd choose some sort of Fierce Friday look to coordinate with my new turquoise hair. And that look is - PASTEL GOTH!

What? Pastel goth? What kind of weirdness is this?

Yes, friends. It's actually a thing. People dye their hair pastel colors and then pair pair feminine and pastel clothes with black and goth-themed clothes. It's sort of a girly take on the goth aesthetic. Think creepy and cute. I saw an article on buzzfeed describing the look as "if Lisa Frank puked on a pair of combat boots" and I think that's a pretty accurate descriptor.

Asian woman pastel goth with long light purple hair, black sweater with white crosses,
black bowler hat, black tights, black short skirt, white shirt, and black bondage harness.

White man pastel goth with light blue hair, pastel blue spiky jacket,
white and pink shirt with large black cross, black pants, and a pentacle necklace. 

White woman pastel goth with grayish white hair, black lace corset,
large black fake diamond shaped necklace, black lipstick and eye makeup, and white contacts. 

Black woman pastel goth with light purple afro, black halter top, black leather jacket with spikes, purple chunky necklace and earrings, and round black sunglasses. 

Pastel goth man with light purple hair, black leather jacket with spiky collar,
white t shirt, pentacle necklace, and diamond shaped sunglasses. 

White woman pastel goth with white hair, black fascinator,
white shirt with large black cross, thigh high black boots, black shorts,
and tights with a black lace design on them.
For my pastel goth look, I'm wearing a pink dress shirt I doctored up. I found the shirt at a thrift store and wore it on this Fierce Friday. Now I've swapped out the collar buttons and added craft studs to the collar and shirt pocket to make it more funky. Here's a process picture of my dress shirt and one of the craft studs:

Dress shirt in progress.

Crafting studs. 

You were able to see the back of the collar in the photo of my hair. Here's a closeup of the front of the collar and the pocket:

Collar.

Pocket.

I'm pairing the DIY dress shirt with grey pants, a black tie, my favorite black boots, my axe earrings, and light blue nail polish. 

Me and my cat Esh.

Body shot.

Pants, shoes, and nail polish.
Me.
Me again.
And a picture of my cat Esh. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire