dimanche 15 mai 2016

Happy Birthday to Bachata!

Today is my bff/chosen family member Bachata's birthday! Happy birthday Bachata!

My awesome friend Bachata looking lovely as usual. 

This weekend was a full one. With no school to worry about I decided to enjoy myself. I spent most of my Saturday with Joy and Mini T. After I got up and did a few chores I went with Joy and Mini T to the Boston Bubble Festival in Boston common.

Mini T plays with bubbles.

Bubble over Boston Common.
 
Me at the Boston Bubble Festival.
Joy catches some sun.

Mini T was fascinated by the police horse.

We saw baby ducks!

And a swan!

We also dropped by "The Big Thrifty," an XL+ bargain shopping fundraiser for IMPACT Boston, which, coincidentally, is also the charity which received my most recent donation.

IMPACT gives personal safety training in the form of self defense classes with specific classes for women, children, people with disabilities, abuse survivors, and LGBTQ people. They also collaborate with schools and organizations to put on programs aimed at preventing abuse by helping people to safely intervene and advocate for themselves and others in dangerous situations. In my humble opinion, it's a really great organization!

Ok back to my recap. After all our running around we had house dinner and then it was time for Plum's birthday party. She did a "Socks and Leg(o)s" themed party in which everyone wore fun socks (she has a thing for socks/tights/etc) and we spent the evening playing with the kids' blocks and legos. Yay!

Plum with balloons.

My outfit - entirely built to coordinate with my socks.

Joy, Plum, and Fancy make mixed drinks.

Plum cuts the pies.

Fancy, Plum, and Plum's friend play video games.

Kid housemates' friends' mom and I build a cantilever. 

Cantilever moment of truth.

Everyone wore funky socks. 

Today is apparently "International Men Can Wear Dresses Too Day" - which I didn't know about until now. So I am not wearing a dress. Maybe I'll celebrate belatedly another week. Instead of celebrating IMCWDTD (see what I did there?) I decided to go with Joy and Mini T to buy some plants for the garden and a new bike for Mini T. She was super excited and she picked the "Frozen" themed bike. Is anyone surprised? Then we planted our new things. I'll post pictures of the garden later once I take some.

Now I'm at work watching TV with Morning. [Side note: my job is the best!] Hope everyone else's weekend was awesome too!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire