samedi 2 juillet 2016

Pride!

Well I timed this trip perfectly. I went to pride today with Feather, Dolphine, and Wolfie. I decided to wear my rainbow earrings, pro-trans bracelet, and "It takes balls to be a fairy" shirt.

The sign means "Believers All United for Equality."

Before the parade, the group of us went to a pre-pride church service at the American Cathedral of Paris. It was a "Célébration Inclusive de l'Amour Inconditionnel de Dieu" (aka "An Inclusive Celebration of God's Unconditional Love") and I got roped into speaking because they needed an English-speaking queer. Go me! Thankfully, there are no pictures of that. There is a picture of the ministers, though:

Church service.

And because it's so pretty, here's my favorite hymn from the service along with the words:


After the service, everyone gathered in the church courtyard for a quick lunch. Lots of people thanked me for speaking and lots more asked me if I could translate what I said into French so they could understand it too. That was fine by me so now we're putting it on the facebook page. Eep! At any rate, I had fun socializing and I managed to make a new friend. Then we all went together to the parade.

Me, Feather, and Wolfie (in her rainbow onesie).

I'd spent a while before pride trying to decide on the perfect pride sign. I thought I had settled on a double-sided sign that said "L'orientation sexuelle est un droit fundamental!" and "Certains hommes sont nés avec leurs corps, les autres doit se battre pour eux." But despite my initial signage plan, I wound up carrying a sign that said "JC avait 2 papas" ("Jesus Christ had 2 dads") because it was more appropriate for our group.

Me reading my sign to Wolfie.

The march was HUGE and incredibly crowded and the march took forever but it was really fun. Our GLBT Christians section wound up with a lot of people from the crowd joining in for an impromptu dance party because we were blasting music from the back of the truck.

The crowd.
Feather, Wolfie, and friends.
Me marching.

All of that said, my favorite part of the march was a moment of silence that went perfectly and was incredibly moving.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire