dimanche 10 juillet 2016

Happy Birthday Plath!

I met Plath in high school. I thought she was unbelievably cool and was so horridly intimidated that it took me forever to talk to her. Even after she became friends with Alice and was hanging out with us all the time. When I finally did talk to her, I discovered that she's a total sweetheart who writes awesome poetry and has a filthy sense of humor. Our friendship is solid and we've come up with some of the most bizarre ways to make time for each other. Writing buddies? Grocery shopping companions? Bikram yoga partners? Mini book club friends? Themed dinner party hosts? Been there done that. We've shown up for each other through moving and marriages (both of us), divorce (just me), and kid having (just her) and it doesn't seem to matter whether or not our lives are moving in parallel since we care about each other no matter what.

Plath and her (now in heaven) kitty Dex. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire