mardi 12 juillet 2016

Happy Birthday Alice!

It's Alice's birthday today! Yay! I met Alice during a juggling workshop at church camp in middle school. How's that for random? We've managed to stay friends since then. Even during that stint in high school when her whole immediate family moved to Chile. I think Alice and I do a great job of helping each other out and inspiring each other to be better people. She supported me through the hell that was being a queer and gender non-conforming teen. She's been there to help me move and redecorate every single time. She came out and stayed with me when my husband left and I was too depressed to get out of bed and feed myself. She did it AGAIN when I had surgery - twice. She has been an amazing cheerleader in my attempts to get this whole body positivity thing down. She encouraged me to stay sober and keep seeking help for my depression when I was convinced it was hopeless (it wasn't). And to top it all off she's got a kickass sense of humor and she's a wonder at crochet and photography! So basically, Alice is awesome and I'm SO glad she's a part of my life. Love you Alice!

One of my favorite photos of Alice.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire