lundi 27 juin 2016

Yoga in France!

Today was a nice quiet one. After photographing my new digs and watching the sky on my tiny balcony, I showered and slept incredibly well. I woke up to Feather and Wolfie knocking on my door to invite me to lunch with them, Dolphin, and one of their friends. The friend was sweet and humored my poor jet-lagged attempts at conversing in French. The rest of the day involved playing with Wolfie, reading, grocery shopping, and making some dinner for Dolphin and Wolfie (who, it turns out, loves eggplant).

Aside from all of that, the other thing I decided to do was to look into taking yoga. I figure if I'm in France for a month I should settle in and figure out an exercise routine since exercising regularly is good for my mood. I've done yoga before and liked it, and I was inspired by this article to want to try it again. So I asked for recommendations and am going to be using this yoga studio while I'm here. They have tons of classes in a variety of styles. They've got prenatal, postnatal, family, and kid yoga classes so if you live in France this is a good place to check out.

And in case you need inspiration too, here are two awesome pics of Jessamyn Stanley, a black fat femme yogi, doing her thing. You can - and should - follow her on instagram. Her talent and the fact that she is fat like me makes me feel hopeful that I can one day be as strong and flexible as her.

Jessamyn Stanley doing the splits on a bridge in london in flowered spandex pants and a red leotard top. 

Jessamyn Stanley in blue jeans and a blue crop top doing a handstand yoga pose. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire