samedi 25 juin 2016

Traveling Day

I'm posting this because I wanted to tell you about the play I just saw called I Was Most Alive With You by the Huntington Theatre Company. Because clearly what I should do when I'm about to get on a plane is go and see a play, right? Right.

Sign says "Huntington Theatre Company: I Was Most Alive With You" with hands signing. 

The play is structured after the book of Job, it stars deaf actor Russell Harvard as a deaf, gay, sober ASL teacher, and it opens with a flashback to the previous year's Thanksgiving dinner when Harvard's character Knox introduces his partner to the family. The story line was really good, the actors were amazing, and setup of the play was really cool. There were seven actors and each of them had a shadow interpreter who translated ASL into spoken English and vice versa as the play was happening. Why don't more plays do this? It'd be a great way to make theater more accessible to deaf people. Universal design? Yes please!

Scene from the play. 

Anyway, by the time you read this I will be in an airplane on my way to France. Woo! Six hours in the sky! I will leave you with this France-themed scene from Salad Fingers...

Salad Fingers wearing a beret and standing outside by a tree saying "I'm going to find France."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire