vendredi 10 juin 2016

Fierce Friday and the Dyke March

It's Fierce Friday and I've decided to spend my evening at the Boston Dyke March! I have so many awesome queer women in my life - I'm excited to go and show my support for them. I just need to figure out what to write on my sign.

I'm wearing my "It takes balls to be a fairy" shirt, a trans bracelet, rainbow nails that spell out "QUEER PRIDE," the rainbow shawl my friend made me, my vest, orange cuffed pants, and my favorite black stompy boots. At any rate, here's my outfit:

My bracelet is the trans symbol and my nails say "Queer Pride."

My shirt says "It takes balls to be a fairy."

And last but not least…

I would be remiss if I didn't mention my ginormous quibble with the Dyke March: they include trans men in their march. To me that's basically the equivalent of saying that trans men aren't really men. For the record, it's NOT transphobic to treat trans men as men by excluding them from women's events. I think trans men who want to participate should absolutely come to the dyke march. They should feel perfectly welcome to stand on the sidelines and cheer with me and all the other men who will be at the Dyke March supporting our friends, partners, and families. 

Joy's cousin and Joy.
Primo, Secondo, Terzo, and Plum.
The back of the shirts say "Queer Spawn" and "Queer Mama."
Me and Weirdra.
Mini T and Terzo with bubbles.
Terzo, me, and Mini T with bubbles.
The dyke march is marching.
Mini T, Primo, and Secondo.
Joy's cousin.
Me, Joy, Fancy, Mini T, Primo, and Secondo.
Joy, me, Mini T, Secondo, and Primo on the picnic blanket eating pizza.
Secondo on the picnic blanket.
My stickers read "single faggy bottom" and "ally."
Mini T with a sign that says "I can't believe that we are still marching for this."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire