mercredi 11 septembre 2019

Zoo Day

Today was my day off so I took Love Bug to the Southwick's Zoo in Mendon MA. We had a blast! I wore my leopard print baseball cap for the occasion, along with a black t-shirt, a lips necklace, jeans, and black sneakers.

Me in my zoo outfit.

As far as we were concerned, there were three big highlights of this zoo:

1) The petting zoo. There is an area with a herd of pygmy goats that your'e allowed to pet. Love Bug was fascinated by the goats and would have been happy to stay there all day playing with them. The goats, meanwhile, were curious about his wheelchair and whether it might be tasty. And as an added bonus, the woman working in the area was incredibly sweet and helpful. I have about a zillion photos of the petting zoo, but Love Bug is in all of them so I can't post any. Sorry! Here are some random zoo photos instead:

Tortoise.

Zebra.

2) The deer forest. I think this was my favorite part of the zoo. The deer forest is a section in the zoo where deer roam free and you can purchase special food to feed them. Love Bug couldn't quite get the hang of holding the deer food out for the deer. He kept either closing the food in his fist so the deer couldn't get it or accidentally dropping the food on the ground. But he was happy to see the deer and they came right up to eat the food he dropped. 

Deer at the deer forest.

3) The woodland express train. We got to see elk, herons, turtles, ducks, and some random local birds. Love Bug was thrilled to be riding a train. I spent much of the train ride convincing him to stay in his seat since he was so excited he kept trying to launch himself out of the train. 

Elk that was walking next to our train.

Heron in the local wetland next to the train tracks.

Other nice things about this zoo: 

* They have food available. It's overpriced which I honestly expected, but it was tasty.
* There is an area with rooms for nursing mothers which turned out to be a perfect place for diaper changes. No gross bathroom floor diaper changes for us!
* The staff are all very kind and helpful.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire