mardi 3 septembre 2019

Martha's Vineyard

Today I joined my dad who is on vacation in Martha's Vineyard. Because it's a vacation, I pulled out my best "gay on vacation" look: wide-brimmed black hat, "I don't sweat, I sparkle" a-frame shirt, light pink shorts, whale tail necklace, pearl earrings, gigantic sunglasses, and glittery flip flops.

I began my journey with a bus to the Steamship Authority. Then because I managed to miss my boat because I am disorganized so I had time to relax and read my book at a nice little coffee shop nearby.

Me on the bus.

The Steamship Authority's Ticket Office.

I was very happy to finally board my boat and head to the island.

Me on the boat!

View from the boat.

View from the boat pulling into the island.

When I got there I met up with my dad at the cottage where he was staying.

Dad sitting on the sofa and waving.

We went to Oak Bluffs for dinner and then to a little pond where we watched the sunset. The sunset itself was a bit lackluster since we didn't pick a spot with a great view. That said, we did see a fair amount of wildlife - including a bunch of crabs!

Crabs underwater - this is like a Where's Waldo puzzle since they're camouflaged.

Boats!

Can you spot the bird at the water's edge?

The sunset.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire