vendredi 20 septembre 2019

Fierce Friday: Bringin' Back the Tiny Hat

Cartoon cowboy with tiny hat.

In a complete shift from last week's hat I present to you: the tiny hat. Whimsical and ridiculous, but oddly compelling when done right. When I think of tiny hats, I think of three things:

Thing 1: Goths

Goth woman in a tiny black tophat.

Thing 2: Wedding Outfits

Woman in a wedding dress and tiny white hat.

Thing 3: "Men on Film," the comedy sketch from In Living Color

Men on Film - and wearing a tiny hat. 

I find tiny hats hilarious and fun. But I've never worn one. Clearly this needs to change. After looking online at many examples of tiny hat wearing, I decided on this outfit:

Selfie of me in my tiny hat outfit.

It's a glittery purple tiny hat, pink and purple mardi gras beads, a white short sleeved crop top that says "Glitter Queen" and has silver sequins on the sleeves, and a tutu skirt that I really should have included in the picture but didn't. I'm not sure I pulled it off but at least I amused myself. 

That said, I'm fairly sure I look less ridiculous than Lady Gaga in her tiny Kermit hat:

Lady Gaga wearing an outfit made of Kermit dolls and a hat made out of a Kermit head.

Unrelatedly, did I mention that today was Love Bug's school picture day? He was dressed all nicely in a button down with no hat because he has gorgeous curly hair. Let's just hope they took the school pictures in the morning before he started playing so his outfit wasn't too messed up.

Anyway. This ends my post for the day. Silly? Yes. But maybe I've inspired someone else out there to bust out of their own tiny hat closet. I will leave you with this image of an adorable dog in a tiny hat:

Adorable large dog in a tiny plaid tophat.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire