vendredi 27 septembre 2019

Fierce Friday: The Fascinator and Climate Change Protesting

Let's talk about fascinators.

Princess Beatrice in her now-infamous royal wedding pretzel fascinator.


Ok, Princess Beatrice's ridiculous fascinator aside, I think fascinators are great! They're incredibly versatile and they add an interesting finishing touch to an outfit. Sadly, they appear to be a women-only thing. Except for me! And these guys:


They're not wearing their fascinators in a particularly inspiring way, however. Here are a couple of classy fascinator examples:






Side note: Apparently the "sexy fascinator picture" look involves being shirtless and looking over your left shoulder? Good to know.

While traditional fascinators are lovely, my tastes lean more towards the avant-garde. By which I mean, I like bizarre and outrageous fascinators. And at least a couple of celebrities agree with me:



I also found some really great non-celebrity fascinator inspiration:





Despite loving weird fascinators, I opted to go fairly basic with my own outfit. I had to go to school to take a test and I figured that just wearing a fascinator was edgy enough. I went with a blue fascinator that coordinated with my blue shirt, blue checkered vest, blue multi-strand necklace, and bluejeans.

Me with my head tilted so you can see the fascinator.

Normal selfie of me.

The other thing I did today was attend a climate change protest. I grabbed my old Ursula costume out of the closet and made a sign that said "It's getting hotter under the water" and off I went.


Me at the protest all dressed up as Ursula and holding my sign. That weird tint to my skin is purple makeup not sunburn!

Protest band.

Crowd shot of the sit-in.

Here's a link to a WCVB Article about the protest. And here's an aerial view of the bridge we blocked off:

Snagged from WHDH.com. The caption to the photo says "Climate change protesters block bridge in Boston."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire