dimanche 12 mars 2017

Skirt Sunday

It's Sunday and the third day of Skirt Week for me. Today I had church and my Circus Class and I couldn't think of a single outfit that would work for all of these things. Church is the one place I go each week where I tone my outfits down a bit, because I feel like the focus should be on God and not me or my fashion choices. Since wearing a skirt to church is pretty much the opposite of this I felt like it was a no-go. Circus Class also has a dress code. I need to wear something stretchy but not baggy that covers my knees/armpits/waist and that doesn't have ties/zippers/hooks that might get caught on things, and I can't wear jewelry. What was my solution?

When I was in France last summer I noticed that lots of the African immigrants took large pieces of colorful fabric and wrapped them into skirts. Basically a fancy version of the towel-around-the-waist beach cover up technique. I've seen folks from India and Asia wear similar garments, and I've heard a bunch of words for them: sarong, kanga, kikoy, lungi, fouta. Here's what I'm talking about:

Three older asian men in sarongs.

Younger asian man in a blue sarong.

Five Indian men in sarongs.

Shirtless very fit black man in a pastel sarong.

Older arab man in a sarong and hat drinking tea.

My brilliant plan was to dress up for church in nice pants and shoes and to wear my crocheted tank top but throw a sweater over it. Then I came home, ditched the shoes and sweater, and swapped my church pants out for my gym pants. I threw a wrap on top so I'd have a mid-day outfit that worked for skirt week and didn't require an entire wardrobe change. Then for class I just took off the wrap and swapped the tank top for a t-shirt. I didn't take pictures of the church outfit. Here is my wrap skirt outfit:

Me with a crocheted white tank top and a silver colored necklace of mini skulls.
The mini skulls go with the skirt because the skirt has a warrior pattern on it. 

Bottom half of my outfit is orange wrap with blue and green and black warriors,
black leggings underneath the wrap, and black toenail polish.

For circus class, I put on a t-shirt, took off the jewelry, and threw a pair of shorts over the leggings. Today's lesson was aerial silks and it was SO FUN! I think I might take their Aerial Silks 101 class next. Here's a picture of me doing aerial silks:

Me hanging upside down from the aerial silks.

And here's one of Bone:

Bones doing tricks on the aerial silks.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire