dimanche 5 mars 2017

Circus Class!

Today was the first day of Survey of Circus for Bone and me. The class was awesome! I was the fattest one and also the only man, but it was a very welcoming environment. They are also clearly GLBT friendly - the bathrooms are gender neutral and they asked everyone for their preferred pronouns at the start of class. Not bad!

Closeup of the feet of a tightrope walker.

For our first class, we did tightrope walking. We started walking along taped lines on the floor to learn the techniques, then graduated to a metal pole about the width of a shower curtain rod that was about a foot and a half above the ground, and then finally to the actual tightrope, which was also low to the ground. For the tightrope part we had to wear shoes that are basically glorified ballet flats because the tightrope isn't comfortable on your feet. I was probably the least coordinated one there, but I had a blast and I'm so glad I went!

Tightrope walking gorilla.

Also because it's on theme, here's a link to Grand Corps Malade's Funambule (means "Tightrope Walker" in English).


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire