mercredi 8 mars 2017

International Women's Day and Cake!

Today is International Women's Day so I wore red to show my support as an ally.

Me in a red shirt, denim jacket, and black cap. 

My red combat boots and grey pants.

I also discovered this neat mural that looks like a patchwork quilt under the overpass near my house:

Colorful mural.

Not too much else is new. I'm still unpacking. When I'm not unpacking or working I'm crashing on the couch. In an attempt to hang out despite my lack of energy, Cupcake and I have been binge watching The Great British Bake Off on Netflix.

Picture of a chocolate cake with raspberries on top.
The text "The Great British Bake Off" is overlaid on it in white.

All the TV baking got me craving cake, so I made some. It was kind of ridiculous because I'm not done unpacking and the kitchen is in disarray so I didn't have mixing bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons, or a cake tin. I wound up mixing in a pot, eyeballing the measurements, and baking in disposable pie pans. But the resulting Chocolate Grand Marnier cakes were delicious! I made a big one to share and a tiny one for Cupcake because they were having a bad day.

Big cake.

Small cake.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire