mercredi 24 février 2016

My New Swolemate

When I was in college, my roommate and I were fitness buddies and we used to joke that we were each other's swolemates. (Swole = slang for swollen aka buff/fit.) After college I had a rock climbing buddy for a bit and then a long-distance friend I swapped workout plans with, but all of that trailed off when I stopped trying to lose weight.

But now I've got a new swolemate and she's awesome! She's a queer, Christian, vegan, disabled, fat femme who is also not focusing on weight loss. She made a Facebook post looking for fitness buddies so of course I was excited to sign up for the job. Her goal is just to get moving more in general, mainly with walking. She lives in another state so we can't work out together, but so far we've been able to support each other's goals in a positive way without the self-hatred that often comes from people talking about working out and eating healthfully.


Do you have a swolemate? How about partners in your other life goals?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire