lundi 15 février 2016

Dresses for Everyone!

Ok. I still plan to make my scary patterns. But I've been distracted by dresses!

At dinner about a week ago, Terzo mentioned that he wants a superhero dress like Secondo's superhero skirt. Which got me to thinking about how I could easily use that same tea-length twirly skirt pattern and turn it into a dress. I'm thinking some sort of a-line or princess style dress. Maybe with long sleeves? I could also use that bustle dress I just bought. Or perhaps I'll luck out and find a "mother-daughter" pattern...

Least terrible matchy-matchy outfits you'll see in this post.
Ok, random confession time! My brother and I are not biologically related. I've sometimes wondered what it would be like to have bio-siblings but mostly I'm just happy with the brother I've got, because my brother kicks ass.

Me and my brother, not looking related. 
That said, when we were kids my brother's bio-siblings also lived with us and they all look very similar to each other. Which meant that in our family there were four dark brown haired, brown eyed, tan skinned kids and one pale blonde kid with blue eyes. Random strangers always knew they were related but I was assumed to be a random friend tagging along for the trip. I found this exceedingly upsetting. One night, after a particularly trying day on a family trip where a random woman literally argued with me about whether my sister was my sister, I cried to my Mom about it. My mother being my mother, she concocted the hair brained scheme to dress us all alike so people would know we were siblings. Many terrible homemade matchy-matchy outfits ensued. 

Matching powder blue marching-band-ish outfits.
Thankfully none of them looked like this...

Awkward mother-daughter outfits in lime green and orange.
So why am I telling you this?

Partly to tell you to NEVER BE THAT WOMAN. There are plenty of reasons why siblings don't look alike. Maybe they're step-siblings, maybe they're adopted, maybe they're full biological siblings who just don't look alike. In any case it's none of your business and why the hell are you going to argue with a child about it? If you make a mistake, apologize and move on. 

Matching geek sweaters.
I'm also telling you to assure you that I am aware of the dangers of matchy-matchy outfits. I know firsthand exactly how scary it can get and I have the family photos to prove it. But I still think I could make some really awesome matching dresses for me and the kids. 

Matching mother daughter beauty queen outfits. *shudder*


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire