vendredi 12 février 2016

Fierce Friday

Friends, guess what day it is? Fierce Friday!

Since we're quite close to Valentine's Day, I've decided to celebrate the holiday by wearing pink. I've also decided to embrace the true meaning of Fierce Friday by dressing braver than I feel. Today I'm breaking out the lipstick! Huzzah!

Ok… The bulk of my outfit inspiration comes from swing dance attire. I love dancing and swing dancing is not an exception. I got my ex-husband into it too and our wedding dance was a swing dance complete with aerials. Post-marriage I still frequent a monthly GLBT swing dance. In fact, I'm excited to report that soon I will be dragging Bruno along with me because he's taking swing dance lessons. Yay! Anyway, here are some swing dancers:

Straight couple swing dancing.
Queers dancing at a drag ball.
Straight couple doing a swing dip.
Gay men swing dancing.
Lesbians doing a swing dip.

The hat inspiration comes from Boy George, who wore hats with style! As he said, "If you want to get ahead, get a hat!" My hat is not as daring as his hats, but I think it works with the outfit.

Boy George in a sequined police hat.
Boy George in a bizarre flowered hat with a hand.
Boy George in a red bowler hat.
Boy George in a peach colored sculptural hat.

Boy George in a khaki decorated cap.
Alright. Enough of my inspirations. Here are the pictures of me:
Me on the bus in my hat and scarf.

Maroon (vegan!) docs.
Mirror selfie to show off my lipstick.
Matching nail polish and boots. 

Me looking fierce!

Full body shot so you can see the whole outfit.
I wore my favorite jeans, a light pink button down shirt, black suspenders, my maroon boots, maroon nail polish, bright red matte lipstick, and a striped hat. A note on the nail polish: the nail polish was a gift from my friend "Alice." I really like it so I was super happy to learn that ALL of Julep's nail polish is cruelty free and vegan. Woohoo! I see more of this brand of nail polish in my future...

Ok that's it. I leave you with one of my favorite swing dancing videos:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire