dimanche 21 octobre 2018

Church and God's Pronouns.

Ok. I have been looking for a local church for a while and I have finally picked one!

Hadwen Park Congregational Church

Hadwen Park is multiracial, friendly, and they host a well-attended coffee hour after the service. They have an active youth group, Bible study, an enthusiastic choir, and multiple ways to participate as a lay person. They have a food pantry, they host the LGBT Asylum Task Force, and they have a significant proportion of LGBT asylum seeker church members. Their pastor is a white woman and she uses both male and female pronouns for God, which I like. Every time I've gone there, folks were kind and welcoming to me.

Photo of a rosary lying on top of an open Bible.

In sort-of related news, I've decided to use female pronouns for God for the foreseeable future. Although Christians seem to agree that God is not male or female, most of us seem to use male pronouns. By using female pronouns I am questioning and counteracting that trend. After years of a male visualization of God, I think Christians need to tip the scales back the other way before coming to the neutral resting point where we really ought to be. At the very least I think this will help keep me from visualizing God as male gendered.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire