mercredi 30 mars 2016

Stylebook

Friends, have you watched the 1995 movie Clueless? If so, you've seen this clip featuring Cher Horowitz's digitized wardrobe:


Random 90s aside - did anyone else wear berets in the mid-90s? I did the whole grunge thing because baggy clothes hid my body and that was my main goal as an awkward gender-weird fat queer kid. Also because I love me some combat boots and bandanas. But I did occasionally tried to fancy things up by wearing feminine accessories - much like I do now. My favorites at the time were dainty little necklaces, spiky headbands, fingerless gloves, butterfly hair clips, and berets.

Anyway, the technology in the clip looks a little hokey now but trust me that wardrobe is the shit. They still haven't managed to make one like it, which is a tragedy because I totally want one. Alas, since I can't have Cher Horowitz's wardrobe I had to make due. Which I did by spending $3.99 on the next best thing. What is this thing, you ask? The Stylebook App!

Stylebook's Home Screen.

This app is, quite frankly, amazing. Basically it's an app to help you organize your closet. You start by inputting your clothing either by taking photos or grabbing photos online. You can put the brand, size, material, color, and a bunch of other data in if you want (I only put in the colors). There are a bunch of categories for clothing (pants, shirts, shoes, accessories, etc.) to help keep things organized. Once you've got your clothing uploaded you can look through your entire wardrobe on your phone. No more forgetting things in the back of your closet because you're disorganized and have heaps of tulle stashed in there! *ahem*

Anyway, you can create "looks" aka outfits in Stylebook so that you can visualize pieces of clothing together and the layout for this looks like those outfit layouts you see in magazines, which feels swanky to me. Then once you've created your outfits you can save them, you can mark your favorites, and you can assign them to different days in their calendar to help you plan what to wear. The calendar has thumbnails of the outfits you've selected each day so you can quickly see what you wore so you don't re-wear the same thing right away. It also tells you which items are your most and least worn items, and which ones you haven't worn yet. If you put in the colors of your clothing it will also let you see which colors are most common in your wardrobe. This info can help you figure out what you actually wear vs what you think you wear. Important for making smarter clothing purchases in the future.

Someone making a "Look" on Stylebook.

If you're extra nerdy like me, you'll be excited about this next bit. When you input your clothing there is an option to put in the cost of the item. If you do this and you actually track what you wear each day, Stylebook will break down your wardrobe statistics for you. The app will tell you how much your closet is worth, the cost per wear of each of your pieces of clothing, and which items are the best and which are the worst values. All of this is good if you're trying to built a cost-effective wardrobe of clothing you will actually use.

Stylebook's Cost Per Wear Breakdown. 

Oh! And Stylebook also helps you pack for trips, too, with their "Packing List" feature. Plus it has an "inspiration" section where you can add photos of looks you like etc. But I already use Pinterest for that so I most likely won't be using Stylebook too.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire