vendredi 18 mars 2016

Fierce Friday in LA!

This post comes from Los Angeles, where I'm located for my cousin's wedding. I've been hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend doing the tourist thing since Wednesday. Tomorrow is the wedding and then we'll head home on Sunday.

So. Today's outfit is inspired by Nelsan Ellis. In case you've been living under a rock, Nelsan Ellis is a talented actor and beautiful man. He's probably best known for playing the character Lafayette in True Blood. Lafayette being probably the only positive TV portrayal of someone with a gender like mine, Clearly the character is problematic in other ways because he falls into stereotypes of queer black men. But! Seeing someone with a gender like mine on mainstream media NEVER happens and I eagerly watched the show just to see that character.

Ellis as Lafayette in a fishnet shirt, gold 'do rag, makeup.

Anyway, Nelsan Ellis wears accessories well (those hats!) and his style is classic. He's smooth and polished. He looks like the kind of guy you'd be proud to bring home to your mom and also that hot guy you'd happily fuck in the bathroom of the bar where you just met.

Yellow hat, plaid shirt, and tie. 
Brown jacket, tan shirt, slouchy brown hat,
black thick rimmed glasses.
Black hat, shirt, and bow tie, grey suit jacket.
Grey newsboy cap and vest, black cross necklace.



























So today I'm copying his style. I've got on jeans, my "it takes balls to be a fairy" shirt, my black cap, the new-to-me vest I just finished altering, black faucet earrings, a vaguely steampunk necklace, gold nail polish, and my dapper black brogues (vegan of course).

These pictures of me actually added a day later on "Scrubby Saturday" since I wound up getting suddenly sick so spend most of Fierce Friday running between the bed and the toilet (ew!) which meant I didn't take any photos of my outfit.

Me.
Closeup of my earring (and hearing aid).
Shirt closeup - it says "It takes balls to be a fairy."
Shoes closeup.  
Necklace closeup.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire