mardi 29 mars 2016

Ballet Class!

Today got off to a rough start because Texas sprained his ankle yesterday when the wheelchair van driver failed to properly secure his wheelchair so it slipped and he crashed into the seat in front of him. Ugh! At least it's not broken? It did mean the morning took much longer than usual because I was afraid of re-injuring him.

Anyway, today was a momentous occasion for me. Why, you ask? Well, because I signed up for "Lunchtime Ballet" at the local Center For Adult Education and today was my first day of ballet class! There were some scheduling snafus with Texas so I'm switching to the Thursday class now but I still got to get a little taste of ballet and it was great!

My ballet inspiration: the hippo from Fantasia!
To say I was nervous would be a ginormous understatement. I actually did ballet for a year when I was six, and I've got the awkward home videos to prove it. Back then I was both the shortest and the most enthusiastic and also the only boy. Today, I was the fattest and the most enthusiastic and one of two men. The other guy is a burly looking sculptor with a thick Boston accent. 

Anyway, my brilliant scheme is to eventually become like these amazingly talented male ballet dancers.

Guillaume Côté, principal dancer with the National Ballet of Canada.
Eric Underwood, soloist of Royal Ballet of London.

Roberto Bolle, principal dancer at the American Ballet Theater.
Carlos Acosta, of the Royal Ballet of London.

Or really gorgeously pretty like these ones whose names I don't know:

Male dancer doing a high kick in a blue tutu.
Two male dancers making the infinity symbol with their arms.
Male dancer with draped fabric.

Anyway, I lack flexibility and I'm terrified of spandex and dance belts. At the moment my outfit makes me look like I stepped out of Flashdance. Or rather, sashayed. Because I look flaming. I also smell like sweaty death. And I danced in my socks because I have no dance shoes. But I survived! Fat, fanatical, and faggy ballet dancers unite! Now I just need to buy ballet shoes before Thursday...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire