mercredi 18 janvier 2017

Yesterday and Today

Now that I've caught you up on Monday, I can fill you in pretty quickly on yesterday (aka Tuesday) and today (Wednesday). Basically, I went to class yesterday morning. Then after class yesterday I had a  horrible headache so I bought some painkillers, whined to myself, and went to bed. This morning it was off to class again and back to the resort. But I passed! Yay!

Picture of my tiny class book and my pen.

Despite what it looks like from the photo, my class was actually fairly interesting. But more interesting to me and probably to you is the fact that it took place in a museum: La Maison Trestler, home of Jean-Joseph Trestler. And more interesting than that is the fact that people say it's haunted by the ghost of his daughter Catherine, who he disowned for marrying a store clerk. Unfortunately I didn't see any ghosts. I did see some old artifacts, some new art that was part of an exhibit called "Entre-Nous," and the gorgeous views around the property:

Weird portrait sculpture thing in the entryway.

Dining room.

Old fashioned dress.

Spindle.

My favorite new artwork piece.

I like the colors in this one.

This entire thing is textile.

The outside of the building.

View from the classroom.

Another view from the classroom.

Front lawn.

Nice, right? Since I passed the class I decided to celebrate by purchasing a baguette and some kiri because I love kiri and haven't had any luck finding it back home. 

Me looking overly excited with my baguette and kiri.

Since I've been back at the resort, all I've done is change into pajamas, eat kiri on a baguette, and read The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham. My friend Pacman has informed me that it has been turned into a hilariously cheesy movie so now everybody knows what I'll be watching next on Netflix. 

2 commentaires:

  1. I have to google kiri now. Yay Canada - yay for you passing your class!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I would've tried to smuggle some back but I thought the border guards would disapprove.

      Supprimer