lundi 30 janvier 2017

This Weekend

Ok. Weekend recap here we go!

I kicked off Saturday with a trip to the Chocolate Festival in Harvard Square with Texas.

Me in line for chocolate.

Texas and I ready for chocolate.

Free chocolate!

Then when I was about to head home, a friend gave me hats that his grandmother had knitted for the kid housemates. She visited my friend a while ago and we hit it off pretty quickly. She told me then that she might knit hats for my kid housemates but I wasn't actually expecting her to go through with it. The hats are great and when I got home, I made the kids sit in one place so I could get a picture of them all.

The hats.


Primo, Terzo, Secondo, and Mini T in their new hats.

On Saturday night, I helped Joy babysit the kids and then I rushed over to an emergency protest against Trump's unconstitutional immigration ban at the airport. It was packed and the police had shut down the T station nearby when I had to leave for my night job.

Protest. You can see my head in the left bottom corner.

Crowd shot I grabbed from the internet. You can find me on the left side of the crowd if you look closely. 

State police at the protest.

The next day I had a whole plan. Church, then a planned protest, then Ethiopian food night with friends. I went to church and took Terzo with me. Then I got everyone together making signs for the protest. At that point, disaster struck and everyone started coming down with a stomach bug. Which meant no protest for us. The kids were disappointed so I took a group photo and told them I would post it to Facebook so we could have an "internet protest" instead.

Kids making protest signs.

Us and our signs. Mine is cut off but it says "Make America Glitter Again."

I didn't end up going to Ethiopian food night or to my night job because I was the only non-sick person in the household and someone needed to be there to clean up vomit and go on gatorade runs.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire