dimanche 15 janvier 2017

Canada!

Well, I've finally made it to Canada! The trip takes 6 hours from Boston to Lac Morency so I left on Friday so I could make a midway stop in Vermont to visit my friend Atticus for the weekend. We had a great time. I didn't take many pictures on Friday but I was greeted with homemade pizza!

Snacks for the road.

I made it!

The next day, we woke up and made breakfast. I made us some banana and oatmeal pancakes and Atticus made us fancy carrot-grapefruit-ginger juice in her new juicer. After that, we set out on foot to check out the town. First we went by the waterfall to a tucked-away hot chocolate place:

Old pump.

Sculpture.

Another sculpture.

Waterfall.

Atticus in front of the waterfall.

Chocolate samples.

Dark hot chocolate with vegan marshmallows!

Next we wandered in and out of a bunch of stores:

Me with a book titled "How to Move to Canada."

Homemade birdhouse covered in pinecones.

Atticus with gum that says "I kissed a republican."

Another view of the waterfall.

Scenic view of some train tracks.

Last we went in the Vermont Folklife Center:

Cardboard cutout people.

Me in front of the cardboard people.

Pictures of rural scenes made with collage elements. 

Atticus in front of a metal statue of a fish on a bicycle. 

Me under a wooden arch.

Then we made a brief stop at her work with the intention of having me print directions, but there was a snafu with the printers so instead it was just a tour of her office. From there she treated me to Indian food (so good!) and we went back to her house to binge watch A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix.

Atticus draws while we watch Netflix.

On Sunday I went to the local Episcopal church. The service was really nice and they were one of the friendliest congregations I've encountered. It almost makes me wish I lived in Vermont so I could go there for church.

Sign for St. Stephen's Episcopal Church with rainbow flag under it.

My intention was to set out immediately after church for Canada, but when I got into my car I realized something. I'd forgotten my passport at home! I had to drive the 3 hours back to go and get it. At least the drive was pretty?

Bridge with icy river underneath. 

Pretty mountain road with bare trees and blue skies.

When I got home, I raced through the house, said hi to my housemates, hugged my cats, grabbed my passport, and dashed back into the car. Then I decided to stop at Noodles & Company for mac and cheese to fuel me for the 6 hour drive ahead.

Me with my mac and cheese.

Picture of the road and sunset (don't worry I stopped to take this).

The drive actually wasn't bad because I love driving and singing in the car. Plus once I got into Canada I found a radio station I liked that was all in French so that was exciting. The final bit of the drive was ridiculously twisty and I got in super late. But just look at my cabin!

The registration cabin.

My cabin.

Icicles!

I'll post more tomorrow including pictures of the interior. But for now I'm going to read in front of my (real, working) fireplace.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire