vendredi 27 janvier 2017

It's Fierce Friday

It's Fierce Friday and I am feeling… not so fierce. I'm pretty overwhelmed with stuff at the moment and have been having a cruddy body week. Overall I feel kind of gross and weird.

White man with brown hair making an "insecure" face.

Part of it is that I've lost some weight so a lot of my favorite clothes aren't fitting properly. And by not fitting properly, I mean that some of my favorite pants and shirts are too big, and my underwear feels awkwardly baggy which is not cool. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy more clothing right now. 

White text on a yellow background that says
"Don't judge me by my clothes because they do not fit."

Another part of it is not liking my haircut but not having any idea what else to do with my hair other than shaving it all off. What do other not-yet-bald men do for haircuts when they can't pull off longer styles? 

Black and white photo of a man making a surprised face as his toupee blows off.

The biggest part is feeling more self-conscious than usual of my gender expression in the face of this new and more hostile presidency. I just don't feel safe being myself right now. It's not like I've ever been 100% safe. I've been harassed and queer bashed because of my gender expression and I'm used to watching my own back because I'm unwilling to change myself because of other people's prejudices. But this feels different. There's a climate of despair and anxiety right now despite the increased activism, and the bigots are having a field day without fear of the consequences because they feel like they've won. 

Poster with a picture of Donald Trup that says
"Trump: Make America Hate Again"

Ok. Now that you've sat here through my extended whine, I'm going to give you a link to Qwear's article "14 Femmes of Color Whose Style We Adore" so you can see fashion on some other queer femme folks. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire