vendredi 6 janvier 2017

Fierce Friday!

New Year, New Pants! And they're blue! I paired them with my orange sweater and orange nail polish because I think blue and orange look good together. I wasn't so sure about these pants at first because they're "slim" cut and I am a stocky guy. But they were a Christmas present, they're comfortable, and so far I've gotten only compliments so I'm just going to go with it.

Me in an orange sweater with my unshaved face.

Body photo so you can see the sweater and pants and nail polish.

Blue pants, black boots.

One thing I decided to do this month is to make a bunch of frozen foods for times when I don't feel like cooking. So that's what I did today. So far I've made 12 black bean burgers, 4 quiches with mushrooms and greens, and a loaf of banana bread. This weekend I'm going to make pumpkin muffins, challah french toast, pasta, and lasagna. I also made use of all my scraps to feed the worms, make vegetable stock, and make pickled swiss chard stems. Yay! Here are photos of some of the things I made:

Black bean burgers.

Pickled chard stems.

Vegetable scraps for soup.

The finished veggie broth.

2 commentaires:

  1. What does pickled chard stems remind you of? I have never tried that!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. They taste pickled? But they're crunchier than cucumber pickles. I'll make you some next time I have leftover chard stems.

      Supprimer