lundi 2 janvier 2017

2016 Resolutions Recap

Ok. It's the end of 2016 so I'm going to go over how I did with last year's resolutions in this post.

Diet
I kicked butt at this resolution. My dietary goals were:

* Drink 8+ glasses of water a day
* Take a daily multivitamin
* Stick as closely as possible to the macro- and micro-nutrient breakdowns I set in myfitnesspal
* Avoid soy, MSG, and foods with long lists of unpronounceable ingredients
* Only eat when sitting down at a table with no distractions
* Stop and assess whether I'm actually hungry before eating or getting seconds
* Eat every four(ish) hours on a breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner schedule
* No food after 10pm

Rainbow heart made up of fruits and vegetables.

I've consistently followed this new eating plan. I do still cheat sometimes on my not eating after 10pm, but I've managed to change what I eat late at night to be less junk and more nutritious food so I'm content with it. Overall, these dietary changes have been great for me. I have more energy and more consistent energy levels throughout the day. I'm not overeating as often because I'm paying attention to what I eat and how hungry or full I feel.

Exercise
I was initially inclined to say this was a wash, but it actually didn't go as badly as I think it did. This year I've tried yoga, ballet, walking, and a couch to 5K program. I've increased the amount of physical movement I make in a day by taking the stairs more, using the car less, etc. I think I may reinstate the rest of my goals this coming year because I didn't reach them yet. Those goals were: be able to do a handstand, a cartwheel, a split, 25 pull ups, 50 pushups, 200 situps, and 200 squats. Even though I didn't achieve all of my fitness goals this year, I think I did pretty well at the overall goal of moving more and getting healthier.

Baby lifting weights.

Finances
I've done well with my finances. My debt is dwindling, my retirement savings are increasing, and I've donated to a lot of neat charities this year. I also managed to increase my credit score, which is super exciting. I still feel like my finances are frustratingly tight, but since it's obviously working I'm going to keep up with my same plan next year.

Bucket List
I haven't checked anything off my bucket list yet, except for traveling. I've also drafted a will but I need to make it official.

Photo of a sunset with "2016" in shadow in the foreground and the "1" is a woman lifting her arms triumphantly.

Things to Do Before the End of This Year
I did only one of these. So the rest are getting moved to next year. The one I did was buy two paintings from my friend (her etsy is Spider's Closet).


That's it. Overall, I think I did ok and I'm excited for this year's resolutions.

How about you? Did you have 2016 resolutions? If so how did you do?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire