jeudi 7 avril 2016

Highs and Lows

Today was a weird day of very big ups and downs. The down seems like it will work itself out eventually but involves taking a break from a friend for a while so we can each deal with our shit independently. The up is that I got accepted to do a three-week summer French immersion at the American University of Paris! It's perfectly timed because Texas will be home for the summer, Morning is on vacation himself, and Feather had already asked if I could visit during that time to help out with my goddaughter Wolfie because Dolphin will be away for a week doing theater stuff. Huzzah! I get more time with this chubby cheeked cutie:

Wolfie on a blanket playing with baby toys.
What else?  Ballet has me wiped out. In preparation for dance class this week I looked high and low for vegan ballet shoes. I finally found some here. Yes, buying things online is bad for the environment. But frankly the thought of dancing on dead cows is too gross for me to buy the standard leather-soled ones. Also, it turns out that when you get your ballet shoes you have to sew elastic onto them. I followed this tutorial to do it. Not too hard. Anyway, I really like ballet so far, but I have all the grace of an elephant. At least I didn't get my foot stuck in the barre like Lucy from "I Love Lucy":

Lucy stuck in the barre while her ballet teacher looks on in horror.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire