lundi 7 mai 2018

Wolfie's Pillow Dress

I pride myself on being thrifty. And also on being able to sew things. So this week I did both - I used an old pillow to sew a dress for Wolfie. Look!

The pillow has fabric looking like wood on the open edge and fabric with an apple pattern for the rest.

Once I decided upon my hair-brained scheme, I decided to turn to the internet to see whether others had gone before me. Turns out they had! Unfortunately they were all the same and not at all what I had in mind. Here are some examples:

Pretty Prudent
Sew Like My Mom
Baby Rabies

The thing they all seem to have in common is a horrid gathered ribbon neck. Also the fact that the dresses actually look like pillowcases. I was aiming for something simpler and more… Dresslike?

Anyway, this is what I finally came up with. I've sent it to France and will coerce Dolphin and Feather into sending me a photo of Wolfie in the dress so I can post it on here.

Me holding the dress in question.

I also mailed her this super cool marble with a beetle inside it. Because I used to love marbles as a kid so I'm hoping she'll be excited about it as well.

My hand with clear marble with beetle inside.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire