dimanche 6 mai 2018

This Weekend

Well, my Saturday was spent skipping out on my plans because I had run out of social energy. Instead I slept late and then went over to my parents' to work on the yard some more.

That said, Sunday was fun. It was the Somerville Open Studios and I had plans to be in the Boston area anyway, so after church I went to Somerville to check out the Museum of Modern Renaissance. My old bus route went past the building so I've seen the outside of it a bunch even though I'd never been inside. The space is a former Masonic lodge and is now owned by Nicholas Shaplyko and Ekaterina Sorokina. They've painted the entire thing with these amazing vibrant murals.

Outside of the building.

Front door of the building.

One side of the main room.

Other side of the main room.

After my mini trip, I dropped off a bleeding heart plant to my friend Aquafabulous and then had a cooking and sewing date with my friend Tea (she was making hand pies, I was sewing):

Me laying out quilt squares for a t-shirt quilt.

Tea poses by the finally laid out quilt squares.

I did make a couple of other things but they are presents for other people so I can't post them on here lest I ruin the surprises.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire