mercredi 9 mai 2018

Right Side of the House!

Ok, as promised here is my next garden section - the right side of the house! This section is shady, covered with leaves, and overgrown with ivy. I fixed it up over the weekend but my phone was not working so it took me a while to get pictures. Anyway, I peeled back some of the leaf layer - not too much because I wanted to keep this more woodland-y. I hacked away a bunch of the ivy and tossed a bunch of dead branches to the woods in back of the fence. Then I planted some woodland perennials, cleaned up the paving stones, fixed up the area around the swing, and added a bird feeder. I even set up a nice spot for the rain barrel on the corner of the house.

Before


Stairs and top of the garden.

You can't see the paving stones because they are covered in ivy.

This swing area needs some help - and someone to haul away the fallen tree branches!

After


View from the stairs.

Birdhouse.

Step garden.

View standing next to the step garden looking towards the swing.

Flowers in the step garden.

Ferns growing in the rocks.

Swing area.

Rain barrel area with rocks and lily of the valley flowers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire