dimanche 29 avril 2018

Gardening at my Family's House

Well, my parents' house is overgrown. Since Mom got sick, nobody has been gardening. Now that I'm living nearby I decided to clean up the property. This weekend I focused on the front. I cleaned out the leaves and debris, added a bird feeder, planted things, added solar lights, and stuck in a couple of flower pots for good measure. I'm posting some before and after photos so you can see it.

Before

The ramp area before was just a leafy mess:

Ramp before.

You can see from this front view that it just looks kind of boring and brown:

General front view before.

Here's a closer-up view of the front garden area before:

Closeup of garden area before.

After

The ramp area looks much better with a couple of big flower pots:

Ramp with big flower pots.

 Here's a shot of the whole thing so you can see the birdbath and cleared out garden. I unearthed a fair amount of rocks and am not entirely sure what to do with them so for now there's a mini rock pile. Maybe it can be a design feature?

Broader area.

And here are the solar lights along the walkway. I'm hoping the ground cover will fill in a bit now that I've trimmed away the dead branches. If that doesn't happen I may just rip it out next year and sow a different ground cover since I'm not 100% sold on this one in the first place.

Solar lights along the path.

I think it looks much better than it did! Next stop: right side of the house!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire