dimanche 1 avril 2018

Easter Fools


Photo of a Jesus statue winking, pointing, and giving the thumbs up sign.
The text over the statue says "... and you guys though I was gonna stay dead - April fools!"

It's another weird holiday confluence today. This time with Easter Sunday and April Fools. Unlike Ash Wednesday and Valentine's day, this time I was able to do both. I started my day off by going to church and then hosted the second annual Fool's Feast with Aquafabulous. But this post is going to focus on the Fool's Feast!

Aquafabulous' kid with her sidewalk chalk sign that says "Welcome to the Fool's Feast."

For the Fool's Feast I decided to make a chocolate and lemon flavored kitty litter cake. The chocolate layer is on the bottom. The lemon layer is crumbled up lemon cake and lemon-flavored oreos which look like cat litter (I died some green and scattered it on top to add to the effect). The "cat poop" is made out of tootsie rolls that I melted in a microwave and rolled into fecal shapes. And of course the cat box and scoop are brand new and I washed them first:

Disturbingly realistic kitty litter cake.

Other people made a ton of interesting things:

Photograph of the table loaded with food. More guests came with more food after this photograph was taken.

We had vegan deviled eggs, vegan steak, vegan hot dogs, fake mashed potatoes and gravy, worms and dirt, and a few things I liked enough that I took individual photographs:

My cohost made cute little birds' nests which I liked because they were Easter-themed:

Candy birds' nests.
Another guest used her (mother's? grandmother's?) family recipe to make penguins out of eggs, olives, carrots, and cloves. This was healthier than most of the food we had at this party and it would work well for a winter party too:

Penguin parade with salt ice.

My co-host's kid made dessert burgers with cupcake buns, brownie patties, fondant cheese and lettuce, and frosting ketchup. Tasty and a bit of a head-scratcher because they looked like real burgers but tasted sweet.

Friend's kid eating a dessert burger.

Closeup of the dessert burgers.

And another friend made fake cigarettes out of pretzels and melted chocolate. These were my absolute favorite because they tasted great and looked surprisingly realistic!

Fake cigarettes.

Me and my fake cigarette.

Doesn't it look like he's actually smoking?

After the party I took some leftover cake to Karaoqueen's house so she could have some. Her grossed out reaction was hilarious, but she liked the cake:

Karaoqueen laughing and scooping her cake.

Karaoqueen looks horrified.
Tomorrow I will take the rest to Belle's house so she and her family can finish it off.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire