samedi 15 octobre 2016

An Unfortunate Day At The Beach


Looks depressing.

Today my housemates and I went to another event by the people who held Fairy Day. This one was titled "An Unfortunate Day at the Beach." Here was the description:

Join us for a (hopefully?) gloomy, overcast, and miserable day at the beach. We'll mope, comiserate, and possibly build a sand-coffin. An unfortunate time will be had by all. In case of tragically good weather, remember to pack sunbock, big sun hats, and dark parasols. Bathing costumes are welcome, but frolicking of any kind may be mocked.

Influences may range from Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, to Edward Gorey, to general Goth and Victorian styles. A doleful demeanour will be admired (but we won't throw you out for smiling in pictures... if you absolutely must).


This gazebo was our meeting spot. 

I was morbidly excited to go to this event (see what I did there?) because I have an awesome picnic basket that I didn't use all summer and this was the perfect excuse for a picnic. I whipped up some picnic food, searched my room and found a tablecloth that I decided was goth enough for a picnic blanket, slathered on some sunscreen, and off I went. There were a lot of morbidly dressed people at the beach!

We aren't in this picture...

We're in this one!

Can you find us?

As you can see, I did my best to dress in theme with dark grey pants, a black shirt, a black and grey striped tie, grey vest, fishnet undershirt, black nail polish, goth makeup, my friend's top hat, and my black dress shoes. I even had a black pocket square, a black umbrella, and a fake black bird clipped to my shoulder. Here are some more pictures:


Pentacle in the sand with a shell circle around it and a skull in the middle of it.

Joy and I looking dreary.

Karma looking cold.

Me on our picnic blanket.

My shoes and stripy socks.

My fancy picnic basket.

Seashells on our blanket.

Mini T making a sand coffin.

Secondo and I play in the sand.
Closeup of my makeup.

Joy, Secondo, and I.

Mini T, Primo, Secondo, and Terzo.

Secondo and Mini T.

Primo.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire