jeudi 7 mai 2020

The Perfect House

Ok. Today was my first day of in-person house hunting. The first house on the docket was the Perfect House. As soon as I saw it in person I knew this house was the one so I told my realtor I wanted to cancel all of my other showings and put in an offer. We're aiming to get that done by 5pm. Yikes!

My dream house.

Why is this house perfect?

* IT'S ON A LAKE!!! Waterfront property?! In my budget?! What?! Also the lake doesn't allow motorboats so it'll be quiet. I'm excited just imagining the kayaking and swimming and sunsets over the water!
* It is in a small town with a great public school system that has a good special education department.
* It is on a private dirt road with barely any traffic.
* The town allows residents to keep farm animals, including poultry and bees.
* It already has well water and a septic system. All I need is some sort of alternative electricity and I'll be off the grid.
* The house is sitting on an entire acre of land which includes land on the opposite side of the street where the leach field for the septic system is located.
* It's only a 20 minute drive from my church so I won't have to switch churches.
* It's about half an hour from my dad/brother and an hour from Mikey's family, which feels very doable for visits.
* It's a shorter work commute to my current job and it's close to Worcester which has lots of nursing jobs in case I want to switch jobs.
* The house is ranch style with laminate flooring so it's going to be easy to adapt for Love Bug. All I have to do is make the bathroom accessible, turn the front walkway from platform steps into a ramp, and get a hoyer lift.
* It's a three bedroom so there's space for me to have more than one kid if I decide Love Bug needs some more siblings.

The only drawback I can see is that the town is very white. The school does have a diversity council that seems fairly active and they appear to be trying to address racism at all grade levels and among the faculty, so that's good. There is also the option for future kids to use school choice to send them to Worcester public schools, which are far more racially diverse (though not a good fit for Love Bug because of the quality of their special education department).

Kid from "The 6th Sense" with the caption "I see white people" instead of "I see dead people."


Anyway, please pray for me - I really want this house to work out!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire