samedi 10 septembre 2016

Carnivorous Plants and Fairies

Today was a great day. I began the day by taking a trip to Tower Hill Botanic Garden to look at their carnivorous plant show. Before this show I had heard of Venus Fly Traps and Pitcher Plants. Turns out there are TONS more carnivorous plants, including some that grow in New England. Who knew?

Venus Fly Traps.

The Judith plant (I thought it was pretty).

Pitcher Plant closeup.

Me with another type of pitcher plant.

After the plant show, I raced home to join Joy, Cupcake, and Mini T in dressing up as fairies for Fairy Day. We looked AWESOME. We took the T all the way to a street festival in our fairy garb and then we hung there for a few hours.

Cupcake before leaving the house.

Joy and Cupcake on their way to Fairy Day.

Mini T running down the sidewalk.

Joy waiting for the T and looking stunning.

Our fairy shadows.

Cupcake eating my horn while I smile nicely.

Cupcake smiling nicely while I make a scary face.

Joy and Cupcake.

Mini T in front of the candy store.
At this point Cupcake had to go to a party so the rest of us went to meet up with Belle at her work. But first we took a detour to the park for fairy frolicking and pictures.

Mini T playing with my fairy dust.

Me being a fairy behind a tree.

Me, Mini T, and Joy in our fairy outfits.
Here are a couple more pictures of my costume for good measure, because I'm super proud of it:

Me with my wand and my face paint and crown clearly visible. 

Serious fairy me.

Blowing fairy dust.

I kind of love this picture. I think it captures my mischievous fairy personality.

And now that you've made it through this whole post, here's a bonus picture of Sebastian on the day we made our costumes.

Sebastian with an orange bow on his head.

Also, in case you want to make your own fairy wings the website I used is here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire