vendredi 13 novembre 2015

Paris - Beirut - Baghdad

I don't intend to make my blog a political space, but this subject feels more personal than political…

Image of a peace sign with the Eiffel Tower at the center.


Je suis horrifié par les attaques sur Paris. Heureusement, mes amies et ma filleule sont sûrs, mais mes pensées vont aux victimes, aux familles de celles-ci, et à toutes les autres personnes touchées par cette tragédie. Des États-Unis, j'envoie mes prières et solidarité.

Attacks also happened in Beirut and Baghdad and my prayers are with those victims and their families. I don't personally know any Iraqis but my Lebanese friends and their loved ones are safe, thank God.

I'm praying that this string of attacks doesn't lead to anti-immigrant or anti-Muslim backlash, and I'm hoping the fire at the refugee camp at Calais is unrelated to the attacks in Paris. I'm also frustrated by the lack of news coverage of the suicide bombings in Beirut. I would not have even heard about it had I not seen a post on the facebook wall of a Lebanese-American friend. [Edited to add: I think this post does a good job expressing my sentiments on that matter.]

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire