lundi 2 novembre 2015

Light Summer

Light summer. That's what my type is according to Seasonal Color Analysis, which I explained two posts ago. This post is me pondering what that actually means and whether I care about it. Do you know your color label? If so, you should be able to find your colors on the chart below:

Graphic of the color palettes of each season side by side.

As a light summer, my colors seem to be pastels. Yuck. I find myself envying the deep autumns and cool winters with their bold color palettes. Fortunately, once I did a little more digging I was relieved to see that I have more options should I choose to follow this method of clothing myself. Here's a more accurate chart for light summers (you can find your own with a simple google search):

Series of dots of the different colors in the light summer palette.
They are mainly pastels, with mostly pinks and cool colors such as blues and teals. 

Much better. I'm still dismayed at the lack of orange and purple, but my favorite shade of teal is on here! And funnily enough, every single piece of clothing I own that gets complements from random strangers is on this chart. Including my super awesome three piece suit, which I was dead set on finding in charcoal because I look awful in black. So maybe the color analysts know something after all. Other thoughts: I never wear yellow so I don't know how well that would work for me. I still don't think I can force myself into  outfits primarily composed of pastels, but perhaps I could try mixing some of the pastels in with the darker colors on here. It seems like it might be worth a try, since I'm already in the process of building a new and better fitting wardrobe to go with my newly single status. 

Do any of you dress yourselves using seasonal color analysis? If so, how well does it work for you? Do you find it restrictive or helpful?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire