lundi 30 novembre 2015

My Trip to France!

This is mostly a picture post, and most of the pictures are of my goddaughter Wolfie. She's adorable so I'm sure you won't mind. Ok. The reason I went to France was for Wolfie's baptism. So I'm going to start off with photos of us from baptism day, and a link to her baptism theme song!

Feather, Dolphin, and Wolfie.

Wolfie looking adorable in her baptismal gown.

Me being super excited to become Wolfie's godfather!

The other big event during my trip to France was Wolfie's first Thanksgiving, which we spent at the American Cathedral in Paris, since where else would you go for a potluck Thanksgiving in a country that doesn't celebrate it?
Feather, me, Dolphin, and Wolfie.
One non-event highlight of the trip was the really amazing market that happens multiple times a week in their town. Over the course of the week, we bought a ton of vegetables, fresh mushrooms, tasty Lebanese food, some Fred Vargus novels I've been wanting, various types of bread, a sweater for Feather, fresh litchi (I think the American spelling is lychee?), dandelion wine, wine "au natural" which was made organically with no sulfites, fresh olives, and a ton of amazing cheeses including chèvre feuille, brie, beaufort, mimolette, gruyère, tomme fleuri, and a bunch of others including the stinkiest cheese I have ever eaten which tasted like eating a barnyard.

Isn't this awesome?!
So many local mushrooms!
So many delicious cheeses!
Tomme Fleuri, my new favorite cheese, is aged in wildflowers.
My first fresh litchi! 
This pictures is dark because it was taken during apéro,
 but you might be able to make out the dandelion wine and fresh olives.
Another trip highlight was wandering around Feather and Dolphin's old neighborhood, which is beautiful but unfortunately their old condo was too tiny for a baby.
The Notre Dame Cathedral - in CHOCOLATE!
Selfie with Wolfie and Feather.

Feather in the garment district where I bought a bunch of buttons.
Look at this view of the Basilique du Sacre Coeur de Montmartre!
But honestly most of the time was spent hanging out in suburbia at their place. Which was perfectly fine by me since it meant quality time catching up, playing board games, watching "Bones," and bonding with Wolfie!


Wolfie's shirt says "Si vous me trouvez adorable vous devriez voir mon parrain!"
aka "If you think I'm cute you should see my godfather!"
Feather and I try to imitate Wolfie's facial expressions.
Isn't she precious?
I'm reading her "La Princesse Qui N'Aimait Pas Les Princes" by
Alice Brière-Haquet about a lesbian princess. Gotta start 'em early ;)
And that's my France trip update. Now it's back to the grind and back to playing catchup with school. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire