vendredi 28 septembre 2018

Tiiiiiiiiiiiired.

My life can be summed up in three words: I. AM. EXHAUSTED.

Let's see... Since the last time I wrote here all I've been doing is working and going to school. My favorite class so far is the lab class. We use dummy patients that look like this:

Photograph of nursing dummy with oxygen tubing.

It's hilarious and kind of nerve wrecking since there are more students than there are dummy patients so when you are the one treating the dummy patient everyone else is there watching you.

Meme of Homer Simpson at a control panel trying to figure out which button to push while a bunch of people watch from the door. The meme says "Where is the alarm silencer? Quiet, he's about to do something stupid."

I'm also taking ASL and Haitian Creole classes. Because I'm ridiculous and apparently my overbooked schedule wasn't overbooked enough.

ASL is going ok since I've taken an ASL class before. I also still vaguely remember some signs from that and from my childhood. When I was in kindergarten they started to teach me ASL along with my speech therapy but they stopped and decided to just keep me in mainstreamed classes. Anyway, my class is mostly women and there are a couple of other visible queers and I kind of want to be like "OMG be my friend!" but that would be weird and socially awkward. So instead I will have itty bitty ASL conversations with them (since we're not allowed to use our voices in class).

Meme of a man making the "shhhh" gesture that says "When you talk in ASL."

So far Creole class is interesting but the language feels a bit odd to me. A lot of Creole is very similar to French so it feels like I can almost understand it even though I don't speak it. The class is a mix of folks who want to learn creole for their work and folks who are Haitian and never learned for one reason or another. Here's the one Haitian phrase I knew coming into the class.

Meme of a smiling man that says "Hey girl! Sak pase?"


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire