mercredi 7 décembre 2016

DALF C1 Tomorrow!

To immigrate to Québec, I need to take a French exam. The DALF exam (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) is designed by the CIEP (Centre International d'Etudes Pédagogiques) and it's an official qualification awarded by the French Ministry of Education certifying my level of fluency in French. The scores are valid for life.

I'm taking the C1 level and the test is 5 1/2 hours long! Oy! According to the website, the C1 level means I "can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices."

I'm not actually sure I can do all of that, but this is the level I need to pass to go to nursing school in Québec so I'm going to go for it. Worst case scenario is that I fail and retake it in the spring. I should also note that if all I wanted to do was immigrate, there is another much easier test I could take which I would pass without any problems. I'm taking the much harder test because I want to be accepted into a professional degree program taught in French. At any rate, I am taking a 5 1/2 hour long test tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Meme of Obama saying "Demain examen français - oui nous pouvons!"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire