vendredi 23 octobre 2015

Spice Kit

Readers, today I received a present. In the mornings, I work as the personal care assistant for a fellow we'll call Texas. [He's actually from New Jersey - the pseudonym is based on a common mispronunciation of his name.] At any rate, Texas has a birthday tomorrow and today his parents came to visit - and they brought us presents too!

This tasty-looking fudge made by Texas' grandmother for me and Texas' other PCA, Magic (named for his hobby of playing "Magic the Gathering"):



And to top off my day of random presents, a new friend from India gave me: masoor dal, a couple packets of rasam mix, and most excitingly - a spice box! This friend is a wonderful cook and has promised to teach me how to make Indian food. To say I am excited about this would be a vast understatement.



Now I am off to spend the rest of my day making a zombie costume, walking a dog, and catching up with an old friend Crane who is visiting from Colorado. Huzzah!

Me and Crane. I'm the scrubby one in my pajamas and Crane is the one with the stuffed monkey. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire