vendredi 24 août 2018

Not Much Going On

Not much has been going on lately. I think I'm in a bit of a funk, which is understandable given the circumstances.

It turns out that you can only donate your organs if you die in a hospital, so since Mom died at home she isn't eligible. I was kind of bummed about this since I know she wanted to be an organ donor. However, a friend of a friend is taking all of Mom's leftover medical supplies and shipping them to her village in Ghana. So that kind of makes up for it I guess.

I've been sorting through a bunch of old stuff at my parents' house. It's going to be an ongoing project I think. That said, I found a box with some of my schoolwork from high school. In case you were wondering what I was like in high school, here are the titles of three of my English papers which should give you an idea:

* Gender, Sexuality, and Domination in Antony and Cleopatra
* Racism in Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness: Why We Should Throw This Book In The Paper Shredder
* Romeo and Juliet, Blank Verse, and Social Class

That last paper was written entirely in blank verse. Because of course it was.

I think the only other noteworthy things that have happened lately are that I finally went and got Narcan so I can reverse any opioid overdoses I come across and also I fixed up Waldo's adaptive bicycle:

Me with my Narcan nasal spray package.

Waldo riding his adaptive bike.

I am working this weekend at the CNA job. I'm actually happy about that since I like the work and I've really missed seeing my favorite kid. I don't know what I'll do when he finally gets discharged.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire