mardi 17 juillet 2018

For those of you who didn’t know, Trump met Queen Elizabeth II. It’s possible you failed to notice her fashion choices because you were focused on Trump’s behavior and how utterly embarrassing it was (at least to Americans like myself who didn’t elect him). But I am of the opinion that she was engaged in a subtle and brilliant art: brooch warfare.

Photo of Queen Elizabeth II with Trump and the words "Brooch Warfare?" written over it.

On the first day of his visit, she wore a brooch given to her as a gesture of friendship from the Obamas. On the second day, she wore a snowflake brooch given to her by Canada. And on the third day she wore the brooch that the Queen Mother wore to the funeral of King George VI. Think about it and you’ll see how each could be a subtle dig at Trump.

The queen in the aforementioned brooches.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but then so are various news websites. In any case, I’m delighted by this entire thing and plan to add brooch warfare to my personal arsenal of life strategies. Now I just need to get some brooches…

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire