samedi 20 août 2016

Backyard Burning Man and Movies

Today I went with Weirdra to a backyard burning man party. We were instructed to make our own tickets for the event so we did that. Weirdra also made a delicious casserole for the potluck. Everyone there was friendly. I even ran into my former neighbor and got caught up on her life which was random since the party was nowhere near our old neighborhood. I also ran into a former boyfriend and we gave each other a head nod and then quietly avoided each other the rest of the time. It's at moments like that that the queer community feels too small. Ours was a really painful breakup because he has kids so it felt like I lost a whole family and not just a boyfriend. That said - despite the awkwardness, I had a good time and it was neat to watch the wicker man sculpture burning.

I don't have any pictures of the party, but I do have a picture of the place somebody yarn bombed in the center of town:

Yarn bomb.

After backyard burning man, we went back to my house where we hung out with Belle and watched "The Invitation" by Karyn Kusama. I really liked it and would recommend it to any horror fans out there.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire